Are you someone who wants to get into shape, but the price of a gym membership is just too high? Well, there is an exercise you can do without leaving your house that is simple and productive. Planking was a fad that was very popular from 2009-2011. All jokes aside, this fad has turned into one of the easiest workouts that anyone could do no matter what kind of shape that you are in. The best part about the exercise is that it’s free and there is no equipment required.
Here are 5 benefits to planking:
- A Toned Belly: This can help develop the base layer for that six-pack ab look.
- Reduce Back Pain: Planking can help strengthen your upper and lower back muscles.
- Flexibility: Muscles around your shoulders, collarbone, hamstrings and feet will expand.
- Improve Your Mood: Planking stretches muscles that tense up from sitting which improves your mood.
- Improve Your Balance and Posture: Doing planks regularly will make you find yourself sitting or standing up straighter.
Here is an example of a quick and easy plank exercise:
If you are interested in going right to work and still have more questions about how to correctly do the planking exercise check out some of these instructional videos below:
Planks for Beginners: How to do a Plank
6 Good Reasons Why You Should Do Planks Daily
- By Morgan Chapman, Dreissig Apparel Inc. Marketing Intern
*Morgan is not an expert, these are just suggestions and tips*
Featured Photo Source: