Zucchini is one of the most versatile veggies there is. It can easily be thrown in the pan while sautéing a quick dinner, baked for the perfect side for lunch, air fried to make zucchini chips, blended into a morning smoothie, and even added as a healthy addition to a sweet chocolate cake. It is a great low-carb addition to many different recipes. Here are some of our favorites!
Keto Taco Zucchini Boats
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, mixed Red & Yellow, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prepare your zucchini by trimming off the stem end. To do this I just gently round the end of the zucchini with a knife, removing the stem. Then cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a measuring spoon (teaspoon) to hollow out the zucchini forming a boat.
- Place the zucchini boats in a greased baking dish and sprinkle a small amount of salt over them.
- In a skillet over medium high heat brown the ground beef.
- Add bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, and ¼ cup of water to the ground beef. Continue to cook until vegetables are softened, and water has been absorbed.
- Once the beef mixture is ready fill each zucchini boat with the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Top the zucchini boats with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until zucchini has softened and cheese is melted.
- Pour salsa over boats before serving.
Learn more about the benefits of going Keto here.
Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
- 2 medium sized or about 5 small zucchinis
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice zucchini into ¼ - ½ inch pieces.
- Place flat onto a large cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese.
- Turn the oven to broil
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Remove and watch them disappear.
Low-Carb Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup swerve sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Lily’s chocolate baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 9 cupcake liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, sweetener, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, oil, and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- By Kamryn Sirios, Dreissig Apparel Inc. Marketing Intern
*PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT KAMRYN IS NOT AN EXPERT, AND THESE ARE SUGGESTIONS BASED ON RESEARCH. PLEASE TAKE THESE SUGGESTIONS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.*
Featured Photo Source: